Peer Specialist - P/T (3)
Crisis & Development Services
(3) PEER SPECIALISTS
Grade 4 - Start Rate $11.21 hour
Part-time - 10 hours/week with flexibility
Tuesday – 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Thursday – 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Friday – 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Location: Based in Oswego
Crisis & Development Services is looking for three Peer Specialists to work as part of a team with the project partners and Clubhouse Support Specialists in the provision of services and education to youth on recovery oriented support services. Services include: Community Education, recruitment, program development & implementation, crisis intervention, direct peer services & peer recovery support, group activities with youth, Clubhouse Center activities and outreach. Position also includes attending various meetings where youth participation is essential.
• Perform outreach services in the community and on the street.
• Assist in assessing and provision of services that meet client needs.
• Guide youth in decision making process
• Complete program forms and documentation as required
• Participate as a youth leader in activities and meetings
• Encourage youth participation, assist in planning and facilitating with groups for youth.
• Must display maturity, have a desire to work with adolescents and have the ability to work in a supportive and non-judgmental manner.
• Must maintain confidentiality with regard to client issues.
• Must work well along side of adults and youth.
• Must be resourceful, imaginative and creative.
• Must have acceptable physical and mental health to carry out the responsibilities of the position.
• Must have reliable means to get to and from worksite.