Specialist - Youth Shelter - F/T
Sign-On Bonus Positions
Join the OCO team! Sign-on bonus, great benefits and ample leave time!
Grade 8 - Start Rate $14.55 per hour
Full-time – 37.5 hours/week with flexibility required
Monday to Tuesday – 11:00 pm to 8:30am
Tuesday to Wednesday – 11:00 pm to 8:00 am
Wednesday - 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm
Thursday – 1 2am to 8:30 am
Thursday to Friday – 11 pm to 8:30 am
Location: Youth Shelter in Fulton, with some travel to Oswego
Crisis & Development Services has announced the availability of one position to provide direct assistance to consumers living in a homeless shelter.
- Provide oversight to ensure the safety and well-being of youth in shelter.
- Assist consumers in contacting and connecting with resources.
- Handle routing situations that arise and assist.
- Monitor consumer’s daily living skills
- Assist consumers with scheduling appointments and recreation/social activities; may provide transportation as needed.
- Must be familiar and able to work effectively with assigned individuals.
- Must be able to assess situations, exercise good judgment and be skilled in the de-escalation techniques.
- Must have the ability to work with special needs populations.
- Must have necessary oral, written communication and documentation skills as well as basic word processing and data entry skills.
- A valid NYS Driver’s License with a driving record within policy and access to a properly insured vehicle for travel and transport.
- Must have acceptable ability to carry out the responsibilities of the position including readily negotiating stairs, lifting up to 25 pounds and transporting.
Minimum qualifications include a High School Diploma or equivalent; and 12 months related experience in the area of human services or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training. Staff must be able to readily negotiate stairs.