Crisis & Development Services
Grade 8 - Start Rate $14.41 per hour
Part-time – 2-3 hours weekly
Wednesday – 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm OR 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm (once monthly)
Location: Corporate Services Office in Fulton
OCO, Inc. has announced the availability of one part-time position to prepare and present educational programs for batterers and provide community education and outreach.
- Prepare and co-facilitate weekly educational information and activity for batterers.
- Pre-screen potential new group members and conduct monthly orientation for new comers.
- Assist in ensuring program requirements are met.
- Initiate contact with probation staff, law enforcement service providers and legal personnel to offer and plan educational presentations.
- Prepare various statistical reports; ensure intakes, attendance records and payments are tracked/logged.
- Must understand the effects of victimization on clients and family.
- Must be knowledgeable about techniques for conducting educational and prevention presentations.
- Must be able to make assessments and use proper counseling and crisis intervention techniques.
- Must possess organizational, crisis intervention, and group facilitation skills.
- Must have the ability to establish/maintain cooperative, courteous and respectful relationships with a diverse group of people.
- Must be aware of community resources.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet program needs.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and exhibit professionalism.
- Must be able to carry up to 15 pounds.
Minimum qualifications for the position include an Associate’s degree or two year of college in education, criminal justice or a related field; and three to five years related experience including conducting community education programs. Candidates must have a valid NYS Driver’s license with access to a properly insured vehicle.