Cancer Services Program Specialist - P/T
P/T CANCER SERVICES PROGRAM SPECIALIST
Grade 8 – Start Rate of $14.41 per hour
Part-time – 21 hours per week with flexibility
Monday and Wednesday – 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Friday – 8:30 am to 2:00 pm
Location: To Be Determined
Health Services has announced the availability of one position to provide support to the cancer services program.
- Greets/assists individuals in person and on the phone, explains services and handles very difficult subject matter with tact, discretion and confidentiality.
- Work with clients that obtain abnormal results and schedule diagnostic services with multiple healthcare providers.
- Promotes events and represents program at outreach events in the community on a regular basis.
- Screen candidates to evaluate program eligibility, schedule appointments and refer to participating providers.
- Attend various meetings or conferences; take and distribute minutes as assigned and report information.
- Must have knowledge of Oswego County and community resources.
- Must be skilled in Microsoft computer applications, word processing, data base programs and billing systems.
- Must be able to work effectively with a large cross-section of the public.
- Must demonstrate proper use of grammar, spelling, punctuation and medical terminology.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must possess a valid NYS Driver’s License and maintain a driving record within agency policy.
Minimum qualifications include an Associate’s Degree in a health, human services or related field and minimum one to three years related experience or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training.