Substitute Advisor - Supportive Housing
ADVISOR – SUPPORTIVE HOUSING SUBSTITUTE
Grade 6 - Start Rate $12.50 per hour
Substitute – On Call/Fill-in Hours
Schedule will vary greatly depending on program need.
Location: Backstreet Apartment Complex and Scattered Apartments
This position will provide direct services to consumers living in the Backstreet Apartment Program and also various, scattered site locations on an on-call/as needed basis.
- Provide consumer oversite, ensuring their safety and well-being.
- Assist consumers in connecting with internal and external resources.
- Assist and monitor consumer’s daily living skills to meet needs.
- Assist with coaching the consumer with life skills and goal plans/planning.
- Assist consumers with scheduling appointments; may transport consumer(s) to appointments.
- May participate, plan and transport consumers to recreational activities.
- Must be able to work effectively with assigned consumers.
- Must be able to assess situations, de-escalate situations when necessary and exercise good judgment.
- Must know when to refer and ask for assistance with difficult circumstances.
- Must be able to work with populations with special needs, including those that may exhibit aggressive behaviors.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of regulations, services, rights and responsibilities for the population.
- Must obtain and maintain all required certifications and training within required timeframes.
- Results of background checks (including criminal background and State Central Registry) required by regulations must be obtainable timely.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS include a High School Diploma or GED; and 12 months related experience in the area if human services; or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training. Candidates must have a valid NYS Driver’s license with access to a reliable, insured vehicle for reimbursed travel and transport. **FINGERPRINTS AND BACKGROUND CHECKS RELATING TO CHILD ABUSE WILL BE CONDUCTED AS PER REGULATIONS.**