Advisor - F/T
Crisis & Development Services
Grade 6a - Start Rate $12.69 per hour
Full-time – 34.5 hours/week with flexibility required
Tuesday - 8:00 am to 2:00 pm
Wednesday – 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Thursday – 8:00 am to 3:00 pm
Friday – 8:00 am to 2:00 pm
Saturday – 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Location: Youth Shelter in Fulton
Crisis & Development Services has announced the availability of one position to provide direct assistance to consumers living in a homeless shelter.
- Provide oversight to ensure the safety and well-being of youth in shelter.
- Assist consumers in contacting and connecting with resources.
- Handle routing situations that arise and assist.
- Monitor consumer’s daily living skills
- Assist consumers with scheduling appointments and recreation/social activities; may provide transportation as needed.
- Must be familiar and able to work effectively with assigned individuals.
- Must be able to assess situations, exercise good judgment and be skilled in the de-escalation techniques.
- Must have the ability to work with special needs populations.
- Must have necessary oral, written communication and documentation skills as well as basic word processing and data entry skills.
- A valid NYS Driver’s License with a driving record within policy and access to a properly insured vehicle for travel and transport.
- Must have acceptable ability to carry out the responsibilities of the position including readily negotiating stairs, lifting up to 25 pounds and transporting.
Minimum qualifications include a High School Diploma or equivalent; and 12 months related experience in the area of human services or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training. Staff must be able to readily negotiate stairs.