Advocate - Victim Services - F/T
Crisis & Development Services
ADVOCATE - VICTIM SERVICES
Grade 9 - Start Rate $15.71 per hour
Full-time – 37.5 hours/week with much flexibility and additional hours as needed
Monday through Friday - 9:00 am to 5:00 pm with flexibility
Location: Midtown Office in Oswego and various other collaborative agencies
Crisis & Development Services has announced the availability of a Victim Advocate position with Services to Aid Families (SAF) to provide support, counseling, advocacy, crisis intervention, and ongoing services to victims and survivors of domestic/sexual violence and other crimes.
- Work with victims and survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking and other crime.
- Meet survivors and families involved in the child protective, social service, civil and/or legal systems to prepare them for the various stages of the system.
- Work with the survivor to assess safety, provide services, support and follow-up.
- Advocate, accompany and/or negotiate on the behalf of survivors.
- Assist victims with Crime Victim Compensation claims and the filing process.
- Manage services for consumers; facilitate case management meetings with other providers.
- Assist manager in organizing/facilitating partnership meetings.
- Provide community training and or awareness events
Candidates must have a desire to work with individuals and families and have a thorough understanding of the family development process. Candidates must be able to work independently, be self motivated, resourceful, organized and adaptable in carrying out duties. Additionally, candidates must be able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with partners such as social services, local courts, criminal, civil and law enforcement agencies.
Requirements for the position include a Bachelor's Degree in a Human Services area; and 1 - 3 years experience with children, youth, families or a special population; or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training. New York State Driver's License with good driving record and access to a reliable vehicle is necessary for reimbursed travel throughout the area.