Advisors - After School Program - PT
(2) ADVISORS - AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM
Grade 6 - Start Rate $12.50 per hour
Part-time - 23 hours/week, 36 weeks per year
Monday – 1:30 pm to 6:30 pm
Tuesday through Friday – 2:00 pm to 6:30 pm
Location: Fitzhugh Park and Frederick Leighton Elementary Schools
Education Services is seeking candidates to ensure quality services are provided to youth participating in the After School Program from grades 3-6. Candidates provide direct services to youth and their families to assist in building skills leading to academic excellence, social competence and community responsibility.
- Assist in planning and conducting groups and recreational activities for youth.
- Participate in scheduled activities with youth.
- Assist youth in following program guidelines and reinforce limits and boundaries.
- Monitor the physical and emotional well-being of participants, address issues to ensure the health and safety of all.
- Assure consistent, non-judgmental services using a youth development approach.
- Participate in program improvement activities with staff.
- Assist and encourage youth to give their input to improve the program.
- Ensure documentation of all program activities, youth files and data collection.
Candidate must have:
- A sincere desire to work with youth.
- An understanding of Youth Development.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others in a warm, non-judgmental manner and be a positive role model for youth and staff.
- Knowledge of community services and resources.
- A valid NYS Driver’s License, good record, and vehicle access.
Minimum qualifications include:
- High School diploma or equivalent; and
- One to three experience working with children under age 13; or
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training relevant to the position.