Specialist - Clubhouse Support - F/T (2)
Crisis & Development Services
(2) SPECIALISTS – CLUBHOUSE SUPPORT
Grade 8 - Start Rate $14.41 per hour
Full-time - 37.5 hours/week with flexibility required
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday – 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm
Friday and Saturday – 7:00 pm – 3:00 am the following day
Location: Based in Oswego w/travel
Crisis & Development has announced the availability of two Specialists responsible for organizing and arranging activities in the community and targeted populations. Candidate will work as part of a team to provide a variety of outreach services throughout the county including Clubhouse center activities, outreach, and social media activities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assure non-judgmental, consumer centered services that are strength based.
- Provide prevention, initial contact and intake and crisis intervention services.
- Lead activities to individuals and groups at assigned venues.
- Provide information, referral and connection to services.
- Advocate on behalf of consumers with other community providers.
- Provide or support participants in arranging transportation as needed.
- Create and maintain plans for outreach activities and topical information for dissemination.
- Develop community relationships and engage in public relation activities for programs.
- Contact Schools, community groups and agencies to promote Clubhouse activities.
- Must be able to establish and maintain successful professional relationships while being empathetic to the need of disenfranchised people.
- Must have the ability to work well with others, be a positive role model and a good representative of the Agency.
- Exhibit willingness to actively participate in activities with consumers.
- Facilitate educational and recreational activities.
- Work independently as well as an intricate member of a team.
- Travel throughout the county is required; must possess a valid NYS Driver’s License with driving record within Agency policy and have access to a reliable vehicle.
Minimum qualifications include an Associate’s degree in Behavioral or Social Science field; and 2 year’s experience working with children, youth and/or families; and/or any equivalent combination of experience and training relevant to the position. Mandated criminal background check will be completed.