Advocate/Case Manager - Victim Services - F/T
Crisis & Development Services
Advocate/Case Manager - VICTIM SERVICES
Grade 9 - Start Rate $15.71 per hour
Full-time – 37.5 hours/week with much flexibility and additional hours as needed
Monday through Friday - 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Location: Midtown Office in Oswego/SAF shelter
Crisis & Development Services has announced the availability of one Victim Support Advocate/Case Manager positions with Services to Aid Families to provide comprehensive case management support, counseling, advocacy, crisis intervention, and in-depth assessment to Crime Victims in Oswego County.
- Work with victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and/or any crime to address long term needs.
- Provide initial and on-going comprehensive case management assessment to crime victims.
- Address immediate and on-going needs of victims while providing intensive advocacy and linkage to needed services.
- Advocate, accompany and/or negotiate on the behalf of victims in a variety of civil, criminal systems.
- Assist victims with Crime Victim Compensation claims, the filing process and follow-up.
- Serve as a liaison with the OVS Vocational Rehabilitation Unit as well as the point of contact for the New York State Civil Legal Network.
- Provide education to service providers on confidentiality laws.
Candidates must have a desire to work with individuals and families and have a thorough understanding of the family development/empowerment service delivery models. Candidates must be able to work independently, be self motivated, resourceful, organized and adaptable in carrying out duties. Additionally, candidates must be able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with partners such as social services, child protective, criminal, civil and law enforcement agencies.
Requirements for the position include a Bachelor's Degree in a Human Services area; and 1 - 3 years experience with children, youth, families or a special population; or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training. New York State Driver's License with good driving record and access to a reliable vehicle is necessary for extensive reimbursed travel throughout the area.