DV/SA Therapist/Counselor - F/T
Crisis & Development Services
Level 6 - Annual Start Rate $44,986 with scheduled increases
Full-time-37.5 hours/week with flexibility required to meet program needs
Location: Based out of Midtown Plaza in Oswego
OCO’s Crisis & Development Services has announced the availability of one position with the Licensed Domestic Violence and Rape Crisis Program, SAF (Services to Aid Families) to:
- Provide staff support, debriefing, and case review to ensure best practices for victim-centered services.
- Participate in program staff meetings to ensure quality services and offer feedback
- Provide direct services and assistance with NYS Office of Victim Services claim applications, information & referral, hotline coverage, crisis intervention, advocacy, and therapy to victims of domestic and sexual violence.
- Facilitates weekly support group to survivors of domestic violence with a trauma informed approach
- Assist with training staff and community partners on evidence-based (trauma-informed) models; participates in community events
- Provide on-call response & accompaniment services for victims.
- Record & compile case documentation for tracking and reporting.
Qualifications for the position include a Master’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, or related field with one year experience working with survivors; Professional License is preferred. Must possess a valid New York State Driver’s License with a good driving record and access to a reliable, properly insured vehicle for possible transport.
All applicants must complete an OCO application.