Specialist - Victim Services - F/T
Sign-On Bonus Positions
Join the OCO team! Sign-on bonus, great benefits and ample leave time!
SPECIALIST - Victim Services
Grade 8 - Start Rate $14.55 per hour
Full-time - 37.5 hours/week with flexibility required
Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday -9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Thursday – 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Friday – 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Location: SAF Shelter
Services to Aid Families has announced the availability of one position to provide crisis intervention and supportive counseling to victims/survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking and other crimes and their families by:
- Provides crisis intervention, supportive counseling, advocacy and solution focused
- decision making for victims and survivors.
- Informs consumers of available services, provides referral to services and assists the
- consumer in connecting the services.
- Provides on-call crisis intervention on a rotating basis as scheduled.
- Completes all documentation, quality assurance and data collections as required including
- electronic records.
- Performs specific tasks assigned according to addendums to this job description.
- Assist victims with Crime Victim Compensation claims and the filing process.
Requirements - Must:
- Understand the effects of victimization.
- Be familiar with community resources and be able to make assessments.
- Candidates must be able to work independently, be self-motivated, resourceful, organized and adaptable in carrying out duties.
- Be able to use proper supportive counseling skills and crisis intervention techniques.
- Have a valid NYS License, good record and access to reliable transportation.
- Must be proficient in gathering and analyzing data and have solid administrative and computer software skills.
- Associate’s degree in Behavioral Science or equivalent; and
- A minimum of 1-3 years experience in a related human services position; or
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
Applicants must complete an OCO application for consideration.