Specialist IV - HOPE Housing - F/T
Looking for a Fulfilling Career? Join the OCO team!
F/T Positions offer great benefits & above average PTO!
SPECIALIST IV – HOPE Housing
Grade 8 - Start Rate $14.55 per hour
Full-time – 37.5 hours/week with flexibility required
Monday & Tuesday - OFF
Wednesday through Sunday – 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm
Location: Oswego w/Travel
Residential Services – Behavioral Health Program has announced the availability of one Specialist to assist with administrative oversight and casework activities for the Supportive Housing Program at Champlain Commons. Provide service coordination to homeless individuals and families and carries out all duties according to agency and program policies and procedures as well as any housing regulations.
- Ensure prompt and accurate data input into Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) ServicePoint and Initial Contact and Intake data into agency database, CAPTAIN.
- Follow all OCO policies & procedures, HHAP / ESSHI / HCR / FHLB regulations and/or standards.
- Conduct assessment of strengths, needs and goals and develops a viable plan of action with clients.
- Monitor outcomes and updates plans accordingly, periodically reassesses needs.
- Provide onsite visits to apartments to provide services and support.
- Support tenants in attaining their goals by providing hands on assistance, support, advocacy, linkages and education.
- Provide assistance with tenant’s money management skills and encourages prompt payment of rent, bills and other responsibilities.
- Perform related duties and special projects as required; provides recreational activities as scheduled.
- Share on-call responsibility with other OCO PSH staff on a rotating basis.
- Must have ability to relate with special populations and individuals/families with life difficulties in a warm, non-judgmental manner and be a good role model to clients.
- Must be creative in program planning, demonstrate resourcefulness, initiative and objectivity.
- Must have acceptable physical and mental health to carry out duties and responsibilities of the position: able to climb stairs, lift 25 lbs, and willing to assist with moving tenants in and out.
Minimum qualifications include an Associate’s Degree in Behavioral Sciences or Human Services Field; and 1 to 3 years related experience working with special populations in a human services or housing program field or any acceptable combination of education, experience and training. Must possess a valid NYS Driver’s License with good driving record and access to a reliable. Properly insured vehicle for travel and transport of tenants.