Crisis & Development Services
Grade 8 - Start Rate $14.41 per hour
Full Time – 37.5 hours/week with flexibility required
Wednesday – 2:30 pm to Midnight
Thursday – 3:00 pm to Midnight
Friday – 3:00 pm to Midnight
Saturday – Noon to 10:00 pm
Location: Youth Shelter in Fulton
Crisis & Development Services has announced the availability of one position to provide direct assistance to consumers living in transitional living apartments and a runaway and homeless youth shelter.
- Provide emotional support and crisis intervention to clients.
- Advocate for youth with community service providers.
- Provide and ensure transportation for clients.
- Facilitate weekly youth groups and recreational groups.
- Facilitate goal setting and implement activities to assist youth in completing goals.
- Provide oversight to ensure the safety and well-being of youth in the programs.
- Handle routine and crisis situations that arise and assist.
- Monitor consumer’s daily living skills.
- Assist consumers with scheduling appointments and recreation/social activities; may provide transportation as needed.
- Must have necessary oral, written communication and documentation skills as well as basic word
- processing and data entry skills.
- Must be able to establish/maintain relationships with service providers, consumers and staff.
- Must be flexible with work schedule in order to meet the needs of the program.
- Must work in a professional, objective manner and display good judgment, initiative and resourcefulness.
- Must model appropriate problem resolution and living skills.
- Staff must have acceptable ability to carry out the responsibilities of the position including readily negotiating stairs, lifting up to 25 pounds and transporting.
- A valid NYS Driver’s License with a driving background within policy and access to a reliable, properly insured vehicle for travel and transport.
Minimum qualifications for the position include an Associate’s Degree; and three years’ experience working with adolescents or a disadvantaged population or any equivalent combination or education, training and experience.