Specialist - JART F/T
Crisis & Development Services
F/T Specialist - JART
Grade 8 - Start Rate $14.41 per hour
Full-time – 37.5 hours per week with flexibility required
Tuesday through Saturday – 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Location: Based out of Backstreet Books in Fulton with regular travel throughout the county
Crisis & Development Services has announced the availability of one full-time position to provide casework, crisis intervention, supportive counseling; life skills education and advocacy to adolescents and adults experiencing various barriers to employment and also provide job readiness training and oversee project functions at Backstreet Books as well as other OCO sites and community locations, including consumers’ homes.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Assure the provision of consistent, non-judgmental services including, but not limited to, home visits, advocacy, assessments, information and referral,
- Connect participants to other needed community services.
- Assist participants in community job seeking and preparation.
- Collaborate with staff from other programs to ensure cohesive activities are provided.
- Must establish and maintain successful, professional relationships in all aspects of the job with participants, OCDSS employees and community resources.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to work with others in a non-judgmental manner and be a positive role model.
- Must have acceptable physical and mental health to carry out the responsibilities of the positon.
- Knowledge of business, public services and community resources.
- Attend meetings and trainings as required to promote teamwork and skill enhancement.
Minimum qualifications include an Associate’s degree in Behavioral Sciences or related field. Candidates must have at least 1 to 3 years of experience delivering case management services or any other combination of equivalent training and experience.
Candidates must possess a valid New York State Driver's License with a good driving record and access to properly insured vehicle for regular travel throughout the county.