Substitute Chemical Dependence Counselor - Arbor House
Sign-On Bonus Positions
Residential (Continuous Recruitment)
Join the OCO team - SIGN-ON BONUS!!
SUBSTITUTE CHEMICAL DEPENDENCE COUNSELOR
Grade 7 - Start Rate $13.36 per hour
Works as needed and scheduled
Location: Arbor House facility in Hannibal
Substitute Chemical Dependence Counselors work on an as-needed basis in a community residence based in Hannibal which supports chemically dependent individuals in recovery. Candidates selected for employment at the Arbor House must be available to work on short notice to cover for staff absences including sick leave, vacations, and holidays.
- Assist in implementing recovery plans
- Assist in providing crisis intervention and supportive counseling
- Administer, monitor and document resident medication.
- Participate in leisure time activities
- Assist with normal home maintenance.
- Knowledge on the disease concept of substance abuse and treatment systems including self-help groups is essential.
Minimum qualifications include an Associate’s degree in a Human Services field; or High School diploma (GED) and one year experience in a Substance Abuse Program; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Some coursework and/or work experience in a substance abuse program is preferred. Selected candidates must have a valid NYS Driver’s License with a good driving record and access to a reliable vehicle for travel and transport.
Mandated Criminal Background check will be completed.
Candidates must complete an OCO application for consideration.