LPN - Developmental Disabilities - F/T
Sign-On Bonus Positions
Join the OCO team! SIGN-ON BONUS, great benefits and ample leave time!
LPN – Developmental Disabilities
Grade 9 - Start Rate $15.87 per hour
Full-time 37.5 hours per week w/flexibility required for some weekend coverage
Monday through Friday – 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Primary Location: Riverscape in Fulton with county wide travel
Residential Services has announced the availability for a key member of the DD Services Clinical Nursing Team responsible for performing a variety of nursing duties throughout numerous facilities for individuals with developmental disabilities.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to Nurse Managers, staff and individuals.
- Attend Life Plan meetings; relay information during and from meetings.
- Administer medication; perform basic medical treatments such as skin checks, range of motions, nebulizer treatments, and catheter care; observe staff performing duties and provide guidance
- Review documents regularly for compliance and reports to the Nurse Manager: medical consents, nutrition plans, medical certifications, choking training, etc.
- Attend specialized medical appointments with individuals as assigned.
- Train staff and consumers in a variety of health and safety areas; ensure compliance, documentation and data entry/record keeping.
- Compile and distribute information/updates on Plan of Nursing Services; coordinates completion of Safe Transfer and Movement; attends STM meetings.
- Must work with others in a warm, professional manner and be a positive role model to individuals, staff and parents; must be a team player.
Minimum qualifications for the position include a current NYS Practical Nurse License and one to three years related nursing experience as an LPN; OPWDD experience is preferred. Must have a valid New York State Driver’s License with a good driving record and regular access to a reliable vehicle. Must pass criminal background check and maintain good standing with the Justice Center.