Specialist - SAF Program - F/T
Crisis & Development Services
Specialist – SAF Program
Grade 8 - Start Rate $14.41 per hour
Full-time 37.5 hours/week with flexibility required
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday – 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Wednesday – 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
Location: Based in Oswego County
The availability of one Specialist position has been announced to provide intervention and case management services to assist victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, dating violence, and/or stalking and their children with obtaining new housing.
- Assess household for program eligibility and conduct housing goal plans.
- Provide crisis intervention and supportive counseling.
- Assist households in locating/retaining housing and addressing the needs of the household.
- Advocate for households with landlords, DSS, and other community service providers.
- Make referrals to community service providers to meet the needs of the household.
- Accompany consumers to mediation, legal or other housing appointments.
- Participate in 24 hour on call coverage on a rotating basis.
- Determine assistance levels based upon a needs assessment.
- Must be able to establish/maintain relationships with service providers, consumers and staff.
- Must be flexible with work schedule in order to meet the needs of the program.
- Must work in a professional, objective manner and display good judgment, initiative and resourcefulness.
- Must model appropriate problem resolution and living skills.
- A valid NYS Driver’s License with a driving background within policy and access to a reliable, properly insured vehicle for travel and transport.
Minimum qualifications include an Associate’s degree or a related field and 1-3 years experience with adult or child victims of violent crimes; or any acceptable combination of education, experience and training.