Grade 4 - Start Rate $11.80 per hour
Works as needed and scheduled
Monday through Friday
Location: Main office in Fulton
Substitute Building and Grounds Custodian to perform basic tasks to assist with maintaining Agency facilities as assigned.
Duties of the position include:
- Snow removal such as shoveling and salting assigned walkways.
- Lawn maintenance such as mowing and weeding.
- Sweeping, mopping and vacuuming.
- Thorough cleaning of bathrooms, countertops and windows
- Maintaining supplies for bathrooms and kitchen pantry
- Picking up and disposing of trash inside and outside building.
- Follow proper opening and closing procedures at assigned sites
The selected candidate must possess the ability to work independently and be able to manage priorities. Candidate must be able to follow written and verbal instructions and checklists, be pleasant with building staff, clients and visitors, be able to maintain strict confidentiality, have good judgement, be organized and flexible. Additionally, the candidate must be physically able to carry out the responsibilities of the position, including regular lifting of up to 50 pounds. Valid NYS Driver’s License with good driving record and access to a properly insured and reliable vehicle is required.
Candidates must have the ability to read, write and follow verbal and written (paper and email) instructions and checklists, and be able to respond to calls from supervisor.