Specialist - SAF House - P/T
Sign-On Bonus Positions
Join the OCO team! Sign-on bonus, great benefits and ample leave time!
Grade 8 - Start Rate $14.41 per hour
Part-time - 26 hours/week with flexibility required
Monday - 4:00 pm to Midnight
Thursday - 3:00 pm to Midnight
Saturday - 3:00 pm to Midnight
Location: SAF Shelter
Services to Aid Families has announced the availability of one position to provide crisis intervention and supportive counseling to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault by:
- Providing trauma informed crisis intervention, supportive counseling, advocacy and solution focused decision making for survivors in a residential setting.
- Informs consumers of available services, provides referral to services and assists the consumer in connecting to needed supports.
- Provides on-call crisis intervention on a rotating basis as scheduled.
- Completes all documentation as required including electronic records.
- Performs specific tasks assigned according to addendums to this job description.
Requirements - Must:
- Understand the effects of victimization.
- Be familiar with community resources and be able to make assessments.
- Be able to use proper counseling skills and crisis intervention techniques.
- Have a valid NYS License, good record and access to reliable transportation.
- Must be proficient in gathering and analyzing data and have solid administrative and computer software skills.
- Associate’s degree in Behavioral Science or equivalent; and
- A minimum of 1-3 years experience in a related human services position; or
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training
Applicants must complete an OCO application for consideration.