Specialist - Workforce Development - F/T
Crisis & Development Services
SPECIALIST – Workforce Development
Grade 8 - Start Rate $14.41 per hour
Full-time - 37.5 hours/week with flexibility required
Monday, Wednesday & Friday – 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Tuesday & Thursday – 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Location: Midtown Plaza in Oswego with travel
Crisis & Development has announced the availability of one Specialist with Prevention Services to provide support and ongoing services to individuals seeking workforce services & supports that lead to increased self-sustainability.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with people experiencing unemployment, underemployment, and those seeking workforce development services.
- Maintain case files for enrolled participates.
- Meet with consumers to provide supportive counseling, solution focused decision making and information about other systems through which they can obtain assistance.
- Educate participants regarding life/job skills and assist in developing goal plans.
- Provide transportation and assist participants with scheduling appointments and self-advocacy.
- Train for and conduct National Work Readiness Credential (NRWC) and Workeys assessments & testing.
- Assist with screenings, trainings, monitoring, and ongoing support to volunteers and community partners.
- Provide the teaching and coaching of life skills; facilitate education and support groups as assigned.
- Must have a desire to work with individuals and families and be self-motivated, resourceful, organized and adaptable in carrying out job duties.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills and have excellent documentation skills.
- Must be familiar with geographical layout of the county and have knowledge of human service resources in the county.
- Work cooperatively and foster effective relationships with volunteers, schools, community members, agencies and other service providers.
- Assist in recruiting volunteers and provide publicity and marketing for project
- Must possess a valid NYS Driver’s License with driving record within Agency policy and have access to a properly insured, reliable vehicle for regular travel and transporting consumers.
Minimum qualifications include an Associate’s degree or equivalent in a Human Services area and 1 to 3 years’ experience working with children, youth and families or a special population or any equivalent combination of experience and training relevant to the position.