Counselor - Outreach Worker - F/T
Crisis & Development Services
COUNSELOR - Outreach Worker
Grade 7 - Start Rate $13.23 hour
Full-time – 37.5 hours/week with flexibility
Monday, Wednesday and Friday – 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Tuesday – 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Thursday – 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
Location: Based out of Midtown Plaza in Oswego
Crisis & Development Services has announced the availability of a Full-Time Outreach position to become part of a working team in providing services to adolescents at risk for teen pregnancy and other sexual health risks.
- As a team provide street outreach throughout the Oswego County.
- Provides information, referral and connection to services;
- Make referrals to community service providers to meet the needs of the individuals.
- Assesses needs, provides topical information and assists consumers in connecting to services that meet identified needs.
- Provides prevention, initial contact and intake and crisis intervention services.
- Develops and maintains positive community relationships and engages in public relation activities for programs.
- Follows up on referrals to assure client’s needs have been appropriately met.
- Maintains accurate, up-to-date records of all contacts, collects statistical data and completes data entry.
- Must be able to establish/maintain relationships with service providers, consumers and staff.
- Must be flexible with work schedule in order to meet the needs of the program.
- Must work in a professional, objective manner and display good judgment, initiative and resourcefulness.
- Must model appropriate problem resolution and living skills.
- Must be able to walk for long periods of time with intermittent breaks.
- A valid NYS Driver’s License with a driving background within policy and access to a reliable, properly insured vehicle for travel and transport.
Minimum qualifications include an Associate’s degree; and three years’ experience with families or adolescents; or any acceptable combination of education, experience and training.