Developmental Disabilities Assistant - DSP - F/T
DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES ASSISTANT - DSP
Grade 5a - Start Rate $11.87 per hour
Full-time - 30 hours/week with flexibility
Thursday, Friday & Saturday – 10:00 pm to 8:00 am on the following day
Location: Salmon Meadow IRA in Pulaski
Residential Services has announced the availability of one position to assist staff members in all areas of direct care ensuring the safe, smooth operation of the assigned site.
- Assist with and monitor daily living skills of consumers including hygiene practices.
- Assist assigned consumers with their morning routines.
- Assist with house cleaning and general household maintenance.
- Assist consumers with needs that may arise during the night.
- Follow evacuation plans and direction of regular staff in the event of evacuation emergency or drill.
- Must be able to be flexible with work schedule and able to cover extended shifts in urgent situations.
- Must relate to consumers in a warm and non-judgmental manner.
- Must act as a positive role model.
- Must be able to complete and maintain training mandates.
- Mandated criminal background check will be completed.
The minimum requirement for this position is a High School Diploma or GED.