Advocate - Health Home - F/T
Crisis & Development Services
(2) F/T ADVOCATE – HEALTH HOME
Grade 9 - Start Rate $15.71 per hour
Full-time – 37.5 hours/week with flexibility required
Monday through Friday – 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Location: Riverscape in Fulton
Crisis & Development Services has announced the availability of one position to provide Health Home approved services to consumers involved in the Health Home Service System.
- Meet with consumers and/or, primary caregivers/advocates/guardians and families to prepare them for the various stages of the system they are involved with.
- Advocate, accompany and/or negotiate on behalf of consumers and/or their advocate or guardian.
- Directly work with wide cross-section of consumers.
- Conduct assessments for services.
- Work individually, and as part of a team, to provide home visits and case management services, connections to community supports and follow-up.
- Assist consumers with various health issues through advocacy, accompaniment and general support.
- Track and compile statistics.
- Provide/arrange for training for community partners.
- Provide on-call coverage on a rotating basis.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with community partners.
- Must have working knowledge of Medicaid Billing and Health Home documentation requirements, protocols, MAPP and other databases; or the ability to learn.
- Must be familiar and able to work effectively with assigned individuals.
- Must be able to assess situations, exercise good judgment and de-escalate situations.
- Must have the ability to work with special needs populations.
- Must have a valid NYS Driver’s License with a driving record within policy and access to a Properly insured vehicle for travel and transport.
- Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree or Associates degree and 1-3 years of related experience.