Peer Specialist - P/T
Crisis & Development Services
Must Be Between 16 and 20 years
Grade 4 - Start Rate $11.21 hour
Part-time - 10 hours/week with flexibility
Tuesday & Thursday - 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Friday - 9:00 am to 11:00 am
Location: Midtown Plaza in Oswego
Crisis & Development Services has announced the availability of aPeer Specialists from each school district to become a team member with Health Education in order to provide services and education on sexual health topics and issues to youth.
Candidates must be between 16 and 20 years.
• Work with seasoned and experienced staff in performing community outreach.
• Facilitates Youth Leadership Council (YLC) meetings.
• Serves as liaison between the Youth Leadership Council and Community Advisory Group meetings.
• Attend Community Advisory Group meetings monthly.
• Provide referrals to other community services for youth.
• Encourage youth participation; assist in planning and facilitating groups.
• Provide education to community and peers on sexual health issues and services in the community.
• Plans and implements various awareness month activities;
• Plans and implements various social media campaigns
• Must display maturity and have a desire to work with adolescents; must work well with youth and adults.
• Must be able to work in a supportive and non-judgmental manner.
• Must be able to follow direction and be self motivated.
• Must possess good communication skills and be able to maintain confidentiality.
• Must be flexible with work schedule.
• Must be able to get to and from worksite.