Advisor - After School - P/T - Hannibal
ADVISOR - AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM
Grade 6 - Start Rate $12.14 per hour
Part-time - 25 hours/week with flexibility, 36 weeks per year
Monday through Friday – 12:30 pm to 5:30 pm
Location: Hannibal Middle School
Education Services is seeking candidates to ensure quality services are provided to youth participating in the After School Program from grades 9-10. Candidates provide direct services to youth and their families to assist in building skills leading to academic excellence, social competence and community responsibility.
- Assist in planning and conducting groups and recreational activities for youth.
- Participate in scheduled activities with youth.
- Assist youth in following program guidelines and reinforce limits and boundaries.
- Monitor the physical and emotional well-being of participants, address issues to ensure the health and safety of all.
- Assure consistent, non-judgmental services using a youth development approach.
- Participate in program improvement activities with staff.
- Assist and encourage youth to give their input to improve the program.
- Ensure documentation of all program activities, youth files and data collection.
Candidate must have:
- A sincere desire to work with youth.
- An understanding of Youth Development.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others in a warm, non-judgmental manner and be a positive role model for youth and staff.
- Knowledge of community services and resources.
- A valid NYS Driver’s License, good record, and vehicle access.
Minimum qualifications include:
- High School diploma or equivalent; and
- One to three experience working with adolescents; or
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training relevant to the position.